On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:15:38 -0600, Callum Lerwick <seg at haxxed.com> wrote:
> If you want to get overpaid, sure. If you want to actually get anything
> done, PHP5 is a better option...

I would have to completely disagree. PHP5 is a terrible language.
Things "sometimes" work, as the devlopers say. I use php, but I've
stuck with 4 do to problems. Also, anything you write in php can
potentially be viewed via the web.

It's an ok language for building web sites fast, but it has many, many
drawbacks. I've run into many of them myself.

If he's going to start a new language, might as well make it a good
one. He knows C++, so classes will be familiar to him in java/C#. PHP5
classes are strange little things.... that once again, "sometimes"
behave as desired.

-Josh