Chris Schumann wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I'm setting up Cyrus-imapd on my company server. Well, I'm trying to. I've
> got code built, installed and running, but I can't seem to log in or connect
> to the server using cyradm.
>
> Using imtest (the connection tester) works fine using plaintext
> authentication, but that's not going to fly. No other authentication method
> works (even though the server advertises that a few work), and I think
> that's because none of them are set up, and I don't know where to look for
> instructions for doing that.
>
> ANY pointers MUCH appreciated.

Cyrus uses SASL for authentication, so you're really going
to have to understand setting up SASL authentication
methods.  You don't say what exactly you're authenticating
against - password database, LDAP, or ???

Anyway, a good starting point is
http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/cyrus/sysadmin.html

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/download/imapd/faq.html

or