On Tue, 15 Feb 2005, Paul Fierro wrote:

> On 02/13/2005 1:34 AM, Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> wrote:
>
>> That is an interesting fact.  It is interesting because before Apple
>> formed as a company, there was another company called Apple.  It was owned
>> by the Beatles.  When Apple computer started up, they were sued by Apple
>> recording.
>
> For those who don't already know, this is how the Mac's built-in sound
> 'Sosumi' came to be named. So sue me.

Interesting.  There were three suits:  (1) When Apple computer decided to
use the name Apple and an apple as a logo, (2) when they added sound to
their computers despite an earlier agreement that they would never get
into the music business, and (3) when they decided to do iTunes/iPod
despite the earlier agreement.

It seems clear that they will lose every time.  I wonder why they didn't
just change their name to "Peach," or whatever!  They chose Apple partly
because they liked the Beatles' and the Beatle's Apple label.

Mike