On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Jack Ungerleider wrote:

> What is Apple's primary business today? Digital music. It's iPods and
> iTunes.

That is an interesting fact.  It is interesting because before Apple
formed as a company, there was another company called Apple.  It was owned
by the Beatles.  When Apple computer started up, they were sued by Apple
recording.  The agreement allowed new Apple computer to keep their name so
long as they agreed never to get into the music business.  When Apple
computer started selling digital music on the 'net, the Beatles were
nowhere to be found in that digital collection.  Anyway, this is the story
I heard and have believed.  Maybe one of you can confirm or refute it.
Actually, here's the data...

http://www.google.com/search?q=apple+computer+apple+recording+suit+beatles

...but I don't have time to sift through it now to make sure I have the
story right.

Mike