On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 markdeb.browne at comcast.net wrote:

> http://abcnews.go.com/Business/print?id=88655

"No, no- that's just their shipping product.  Think it's bad now- you
should have been here back in the nineties.  Whoa boy!"

I'm not so sure.  I'll be exstatic if I'm wrong, but my gut sense at the
moment is that Microsoft isn't going anywhere.  Up or down.

Because what's supporting Microsoft at this point is not technology or
economics, but politics.  Corporate politics, in the companies.  The
people in power have staked their careers on Microsoft being the way, the
truth, and the light, and will fight by any means necessary being proven
wrong.

Of course, I may be slightly cynical because the company I work at just
lost a big sale because our embedded servers ran Linux and not Windows.
It's an embedded server- what the eff do you care what OS it runs?  It
works, what's the problem?  No I don't want to drink your damned koolaid,
or buy a flower.

Brian