On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 01:31:33PM -0600, Chris Schumann wrote:
> I'm a Red Hat and Fedora user so far. But now I have an old
> laptop (486) that I want to get running. Debian seems OK, but
> the XFree86 is lame (320x200).

320x200 ?  That's odd.  If that's your main problem with Debian
on the laptop, you might want to search for a better XF86Config
for it.  Does the laptop have a CD drive?  If so you might want
to try Knoppix, which sometimes does a better job of configuring
X than Debian itself. Just boot up Knoppix, and copy the
XF86Config to your Debian partition.