Okay. As per the requests of several people, here's a readout of
what I'm seeing.

The exact command I'm running from my Windows box is:

pscp -r /home/user/directories/to/copy user at 192.168.1.2:/C:\Home

"Home" is the name of a directory on the Windows machine where I
want to put my copied files.

On the Linux machine when I "ssh localhost" as root I get this:

"Authenticity of host "localhost 127.0.0.1" can't be established.
RSA key fingerprint is
46:e9:37:b7:4f:d6:9c:b8:69:a1:57:aa:06:1f:fa:87"
It then asks if I want to continue and I say "yes".
It then reads: "Write failed. Broken pipe."

That "Broken Pipe" part is new.

When I "ssh localhost" as a user it pauses for a minute, then asks
for the user password. I enter the password and it reads out the
date and time of last login and goes back to the command prompt.

Also, to answer a few questions, both machines are at home, and I'm
at work corresponding through email.
One is running Suse Linux 9.0 and the other is Windows XP Home
Edition.

Thanks!
Nick

“Take sides. Neutrality helps the