Here in the math department they use Fedora Core 3, running Gnome 2.8.
In my Actions menu, I'd like to remove the 'Lock screen' option, because
(1) I never use it and (2) the 'Log out' option is just below it, and I
sometimes accidentally lock the screen when trying to log out -- then I
have to type my password to unlock the screen and *then* log out.

There seems to be no way whatsoever to change this menu, which I find
extremely irritating. It's *my* session. I should be able to configure it
the way that *I* like it.

Am I missing something? This seems like it should be super easy (like
power-cycling my cable modem, hmmm...).

Thanks,

Dan

--