Okay. I was using rcp to push from Linux to Windows. As per
everyone's advice, I installed Putty and WinSCP on my windows
machine. I did "pscp -r blah blah blah" exactly as explained, from
my Win box. I'm certain my syntax was correct.

Problem:
I get the error "ssh init: Connection timed out." It times out after
ten seconds. I'm guessing this problem is on the Linux side but for
the life of me I couldn't find where to change it. What's the
easiest way to fix this problem?

I'm getting closer to getting my home network up and running! (Still
a networking newbie, so that's a big deal.)
THANK YOU to everyone, especially Adam and Shawn, who've answered
countless questions about this. I've got info that's really
important to me on my Linux system, which has been infinitely better
than when I stored the info on a Windows system. I just need to be
able to copy my files from Linux to Windows in order to backup,
print, burn to CD's, etc.

“Take sides. Neutrality helps the
oppressor, never the victim.”
~ Elie Wiesel