>  Apologies to
> Raymond for changing the subject.  It was an accident!   I still can't
> answer your question.

Yeah Bob, what's the deal:)

Actually, I have combed many forums, but have not found an answer yet.
Here is a more detailed description of the problem that may help someone
help me: ( By the way, we have used webgui for years, and love it!)

I am trying to install webgui on a new centos install, Apache is
httpd-2.0.52-19.ent.centos4, and mod_perl is
mod_perl-1.99_16-4.centos4
Apache starts fine, without errors, until I edit perl.conf, by adding the
following:

<Files ~ "\.(pl)$">
SetHandler perl-script
PerlHandler ModPerl::Registry
PerlOptions +ParseHeaders
</Files>
PerlRequire /data/WebGUI/sbin/preload.perl

This causes the following error from CGI.pm:

Can't locate object method "register_cleanup" via package
"Apache::RequestRec" at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/CGI.pm line 356.

Apache::Request looks to come from libapreq-1.33. When I attempt to
install it I get the following:

 perl Makefile.PL && make && make test && make install
mod_perl 1.x ( < 1.99) is required at Makefile.PL line 34.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 36

Another forum recomended using Apache::Cookie, but It complains about the
same thing.

Any ideas how to fix this?