Is there a good, reliable way to check a library version in linux?
Something that works like using ldd to find the libraries a binary is
linked with. I am working on a machine and I want to verify that the
libc and the ld-linux versions are what they say they are.

lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Apr  7  2005 /lib/libc.so.6
-> libc-2.2.4.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Apr  7  2005
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-2.2.4.so*

For some reason this looks funny to me, but I'm not extremely familiar
with these libraries...I just know that everything needs em! I
understand that these are symbolic links to the real libs, but the libc
doesn't look like the correct version. I am getting an error when trying
to use a PHP module that says it "Cannot load shared object file", and
these are the only 2 libs it's linked with. The module is the PHP module
DIO.

Any help would be appreciated!
--

	<http://www.plaudit.com/>