should or shouldn't).  The fact drivers you have to shoe horn in
yourself rather than just getting a nice install like the Mac or
Windows users rather sucks.

You know that your statement of "Linux will never become a desktop of the massess" is very relative, take a look around the world, not just the U.S. where Microsoft has the majority of small businesses.  Read some sites like Slashdot and see where Linux is geting implemented in 3rd World countries as well as a large part of Europe. The U.S., although we may think the world revolves around us, it does not. And note, I said small businesses, the majority of large companies, for example SuperValu, run Unix flavored OS's. You obviously come from a Windows world for the simple fact that you think installing a driver on Linux is like using a shoe horn, which ironic to your statement a shoe horn actually is very helpful, which was the intended purpose of a shoe horn, so you don't excatly make a good analogy. I guess I will recommend you just follow the Wizards and click away and let companies like Microsoft just show you how simple things should/can be.  I guess if the install process on
 Linux for certain hardware components "sucks" so bad, think about the compromise of insecurity of an OS vs. security and a bit of "shoe horning" the driver in.

Yahoo! Shopping