On 12/7/05, Joey Rockhold <joey.rockhold at gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now the best way I have come up to do this is using Redhat Fedora
> Core 4, do a minimal install, and use yum to add packages as I want them.
> Does anyone know a better way to do this?  I am open to any distribution
> that anyone thinks would be better at this also.

Have you looked at Gentoo or Debian?   Gentoo is a compile from source
distro - t takes a bit of compiling time before you're up and running - I
learned a lot about linux installing it.  Deb is an excellent precompiled
distro which will get you going with a basic system - but it's been a while
since I've played with it so I can't say much more.

Thanks.