On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Josh Welch wrote:
> Is anybody on the list (Nate?) terminating Vonage on an Asterisk box?
> According to what I see on the web it is doable, curious to see if it
> works well or is more of a hassle than it is worth.

With Vonage, you have to plug an analog card into your Asterisk box, and
plug the ATA into that - lame.

Better to get a DID from a VoIP provider with local numbers (txlink.net
for "volume" accounts with a $50/mo min; otherwise Junction Networks has
reasonable pay-as-you-go rates). That way you can configure all the
features you want on your Asterisk box, too, instead of using Vonage's
features.