First thing that comes to mind is layered images (a la Photoshop or
GIMP). Create each layer separately, and export one at a time, and you
can add them up however you want, import into a presentation,
whatever.

I have no CAD experience, so I can't compare with that, it may make
more sense to use it. Hope that helps a little.

God bless

                       -jordan