On 12/2/05, Jordan Peacock <hewhocutsdown at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm new to the group/list/state/country, having moved to Minneapolis
> from Kuwait last night.

There's a statement I don't hear every day.  Welcome!

> I'm Canadian and my wife's a local here, and
> I'll be wanting to build a computer soon. Apart from your Best
> Buy/Dell/etc, do you have any independant computer sales companies, or
> wholesale parts or just your preferred places for hardware shopping in
> and around the twin cities?

Tran Micro and General Nanosystems are good places to start.  Both are
located on University Ave in St. Paul.  If you need a wider selection,
Microcenter over in St. Louis Park has just about everything.  There's
plenty of mom and pop shops around, but those are the biggies.

-Brian