On 11/23/05, Brian Wall <kc0iog at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm building a new squid proxy server.  I'd like to put the proxy
> cache on its own partition.  Is ther a file system that would be
> better optimized for proxy cache?   I'm not a fan of Ext2/3, but I'm
> not familiar enough with Reiser, JFS, XFS, etc to know which is best
> for handling a large amount of small files.

You might have already thought of this and turned the idea down, but
how about using tmpfs for this to keep the cache in RAM?  Do you know
how large of a cache you'll be keeping?  If it's not too large, say
under a gig or two, you might consider this, because no disk
filesystem will beat the performance of RAM.