Todd Young wrote:
> My company is using Sprint PCMCIA cards also and I have been thoroughly
> UNIMPRESSED with their performance. The connection is only about as good
> as a good dialup connection.
>
> On the other hand, the new Verizon cards are very promising as long as
> you are in the "broadband" coverage area here in the Twin Cities (2-3Meg
> download, 1-2Meg upload).
>
> Todd Young

<snip>

The Sprint cards are not fast, they are designed for mobility more than
speed. I typically see a little better than dial-up speeds, in the 60 to
80 kbps range. EVDO is much better. The Verizon EVDO service was cool
when I tested it out, if I could just convince my company to shell out
the extra few bucks, and Sprint is supposed to be offering EVDO "real
soon now".

Josh