what you said

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 21:48:00 -0500
> From: Nicholas Thompson <nicholas.thompson1 at mchsi.com>
> Subject: [tclug-list] Linux laptop recommendations: two parted, $400
> 	range $700 range $more than that i wish i had the money
>
> Hello tclugers,
>
>   Haven't posted in a bit, anyway, to anyone running any linux distro on
> a laptop that fits into these three categories, could you post the
> models and experiencs? used ok, as long as one can be obtained currently
> ebay for the same. anyway, whatever i am sleepy sorry for requesting so
> much, just any linux laptop recommendations would be cool.
>
> nick

I just bought one of these:

eMachines M5310 Wide Laptop AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 1.8-Ghz

They go for $500ish on eBay and are great machines. Was able to get all
drivers working in about four hours except for the modem. I didn't even
try that. Running debian 3.1, stock 2.6.8 kernel.

Wireless works great with ndis wrapper.

--
As fast as it ever got, it never got fast enough for me.
  Hunter S. Thompson