Yeah, I'd like to second that Q.
Many (all) of my freelance clients are stuck with McAfee or nothing or
Norton.   I'll set them up with FireFox and T-Bird and they send me
flowers and candy.  But I always tell them to spend the $72 or whatever
for the established AV protection.  I'm not so brazen as to force
Debian, even on good friends.