Mike Miller wrote:
> I want to put together a 64-bit Linux server system using AMD chips (I'm
> assuming that would give maximum bang for the buck).  I guess I could
> run Fedora Core 4 x64 version with multiple CPUs.  What do you all
> think?  Is FC4 a good choice?  Is there another Linux distro that can
> use the 64-bit system?

I rum Gentoo on and AMD64 2800+ w/ 1gb ram and I must say it kicks ass.
I am impressed beyond belief. (definitely prefer it to my damned athlon
4 1600+ laptop that turns off because of heat issues when doing a kernel
compile!!!)

Anyway, I do believe I have read on the gentoo lists and #gentoo-amd64
on freenode that it supports multi proc machines and dual core single or
dual core multi proc machines just fine, too.

that's what I know, feel free to write with any questions, or if you
would like help installing, I can bring a amd64 gentoo install cd and my
brain, (the cd may be of more help.. :p)

nick

--
nick thompson

all unix all the time.