I think I have it working thanks to all of the responses both on and off
the lists I used.  I even had couple of those "Aha" moments when another
piece of the puzzle fell into place regarding dns domains.

For the record for the Linux groups - my comment about windoze was to my
friend who is a windows guru.  She keeps trying to convert me.  :)

Next time I post, I will try to be more specific and concise in my
questions and clarifying responses.  Sometimes I think in pretty general
layman terms as I don't have a lot of formal geek training - and what I
have is aging.

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Dana