Josh,

No, as long as DCHP is activated and you have an account with Comcast,
you should be all right.  I run Firefox and the "preferred" browser by
the tech help is IE.  Comcast runs on Firefox and most of the other
browsers.  I don't run Comcasts craptacular on Windows either.  Only
issue I had even with Windows was that when I got a newer Cable Modem I
had to call tech support and they had to enter the model and serial
number of the cable modem.

Jerry