I'd like to mount an encrypted .dmg file in Linux. I know Linux handles
unencrypted disk images no problem, but I have an encrypted one I
created on my Powerbook. In OS X, it's all pointy-clicky joy -- I just
type in the password, and it gets mounted.

I've tried using the loop-aes modules and losetup and whatnot (as
detailed in [1]) but it demands at least a 20-character password! My
password is only 8 characters.

Is there a way to unencrypt my disk image? Is there any information on
the type of AES encryption used, or how they turn the password into an
encryption key? And (of course) can I do this in Linux?

Thanks,

Dan

  1. http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/81
--