On Tuesday 26 April 2005 14:27, Jason Sievert wrote:
> I have a bunch of OGG music that I have purchased at a hi bit rate
> (320kbps).  Now I have just got a iRiver ifp-895 that only plays OGG
> files up to 225kbps.  Does anybody know of a way to batch re-encode all
> of my music files into a lower rate?  Even a whole directory at once
> with keeping the tag information would be great.

Something like this:

#!/bin/sh
IFSOLD=$IFS
OGGENCOPTS=-M225
# to get around whitespace in names
# assuming you have no colons in the filenames
# otherwise use ^ or something
IFS=:
for ogg in $(find . -type f -printf "%p$IFS" ) ; do
	oggdec $ogg -o - | oggenc $OGGENCOPTS - -o $ogg.new
	vorbiscomment -l $ogg | vorbiscomment -w $ogg.new
done
IFS=$OLDIFS

should work.  You have to have vorbis tools, which usually is standard.  It's slower when the bitrate management engine is on.

--
-dave

Dave Carlson <thecubic at thecubic.net>

Guitarist, Car Enthusiast, Technology Enthusiast, Blogger, Terrible Cook
http://www.thecubic.net

Cell Phone: 612-747-5415 (personal)
E-mail Pager: 6127475415 at mobile.att.net

PGP/GPG Fingerprint:
C3D0 9962 1E98 B742 132D  0E1A CE11 7C4B 5309 97A7
(visit http://www.gnupg.org for more information)