Quoting Shawn Fertch <sfertch at gmail.com>:

> I've been using IPCop for the past few years, and have had great
> results with it.  However, recently I've been wanting to try something
> different.  Even more so since IPCop redid their website, it seems
> like they've gotten away from simple updates and navigation.
>
> Any recommendations on what others are using and why?  I'm looking for
> something that I can have at least one DMZ in addition to stateful
> packet inspection, SQUID and other add-ons similar to IPCop and
> Smoothwall.
>
>  My current firewall hardware is an AMD K6-2 400MHz with 128MB ram and
> 6GB IDE HDD.

You could try just building your own, IPTables will give you a packet filter and
you can have as many interfaces as you can squeeze into that machine of yours.
This would give you unlimited flexibility, if you want to run Squid on your
firewall you can, or any other proxy for that matter.

If, however, you are looking for something more pointy-clicky, I stumbled across
firestarter some time ago, http://www.fs-security.com. Haven't really played
with it, have been otherwise occupied.

Josh