I've got a US Robotics 5610b (aka 56K Performance Pro Modem)
http://www.usr.com/support/product-template.asp?prod=5610b

Ubuntu sees it just fine - but won't let me use it.  I've tried
everything I've found so far - including installing the .rpm from USR.

But it keeps coming up as 'busy.'

Don't have highspeed at home (been working from another location this
weeked) and got the rest of the system running (Okay, so I had to
install the binary ATI drivers...) and without the modem I'll be
having to boot back to Windows (GASP!  THE HORROR!) at home.

Anyone available this week sometime, who could help me out with this?
I've got college classes from 6-10pm Mon-Thur, other than that I'm
open.  I'm stumped.

Keith Bachman

PS - Other than the binary video drivers, and the modem, Ubuntu made
EVERYTHING work out of the box.