On 4/22/05, dfellman at mn.rr.com <dfellman at mn.rr.com> wrote:
> This distro seems to me to be absolutely awesome.
>
> Essentially, RedHat...only free.  As in free beer.
>
> Installed beautifully under MS Virtual PC, complete with networking.
> Includes all the good developer tools.
>
> -dwight

... so if they can't make money developing the OS, or supporting it
...  One begins to see why a lot of ISV's are not beating the door
down to make a Linux version.  I certainly don't mean to pick on you
directly Dwight.  I'm just wondering about a culture in which everyone
seems to want everything for nothing and how that culture will
ultimately sustain itself or attract new development.  Maybe I need to
go read the Cathedral and the Bazaar or somesuch, but it just doesn't
make sense to me today.