On 4/13/05, Dave Roe <droe at nospamreal-time.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to display an IRIX GUI application via ssh on my Mandrake 10.1
> system, which is using the native NVIDIA driver. The X log file is loading
> the NVIDIA and glx modules fine. The IRIX machine displays
> IrisGL: ERROR #106 Couldn't connect to display ":10.0": ERR_NOWINDOWSERVER
>
> Does anybody have any experience with this type of thing and can offer
> suggestions?

Doesn't the X server usually run on display :0 by default? It does on every
Linux distro I've ever used, including Mandrake 10.1. But if I am reading
this correctly, your app is trying to start on display :10. If my
assumptions are correct, then the message is exactly correct, there is no X
server running on display :10. You will either need to modify the app to run
on display :0, or start an additional X server on display :10.
Please note I'm not an X guru, but I think I've got my facts straight here.
Anyone feel free to correct me.

--
Dave Sherman
MCSA, MCSE, CCNA