On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 11:03:59AM -0500, Nate Carlson wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Dan Rue wrote:
> > Nate, thanks for that post.  I've been using rsnapshot for a few weeks
> > now and I've been really happy with it.  But, it has some big
> > limitations, like no compression.  BackupPC looks like a great app, i'm
> > gonna check it out today,
>
> It's nifty.
>
> Only downside is that it's hard to read the files off the backup disk
> directly - the best way is to use their utilities to spit out a tar file.
>
> Of course, if you just need to restore a couple files, you can download
> them via the web interface.

Yeah, the compression is nice and the pooling is /really/ neat.
Rsnapshot has really nice snapshot directories on disk that I really
like.  I am not backing up any windows boxes and I don't have to deal
with too many users, so the front end isn't a big deal to me (rsnapshot
has no front end).

Still, I'll have a look it might be worth switching to save the disk
space..

dan