I spent four months implemting Bacula in a production environment on
Windows/Mac/Linux servers. It has a ton of features but it is a MAJOR PAIN.
Eventually I just setup a machine with a huge disk. Then I use SSH and
something like the following:
 tar -cf /dir_to_backup | ssh backupuser at backuphost -C "cd /backup_storage/
&& cat > backup_of_host.tar"
 I imagine on the backup host you could write the files to a tape instead of
the making then into a file.
 Maybe something like this?? ( I have never used a tape drive in my life. So
this is probaly wrong.
tar -c /dir_to_backup | ssh backupuser at backuphost -C "tar -c
name_of_tape_drive -"
 You can install tar for windows and Putty's plink to make it work on
Windows (ask me for info). Of course you need your private keys setup
correctly.
 Brock