On Fri, Apr 08, 2005 at 06:40:02AM -0500, greg wm wrote:
> a hint of background:  she'll often be extracting lists from the
> organizations's database, donorperfect, into excel.  it's on my list to
> review other databases for our use.  suggestions welcome.
>
> anyway i'm advising her to prepare a mailman list in circumstances where
> entering mozilla addresses singly is too tedious.  any other suggestions
> for her?

I'm amazed at how many times I see people try to use Excel as a
database.  It's a spreadsheet meant for running numbers, not a bucket to
hold your text data!

I think she really needs to go straight from the database to the mailman
list.  Perhaps she can generate a report with the email address and you
can munge that into a list of email addresses that mailman can import.

<insert frustration with closed-source software here>

Nate