I have a debian woody box I set up a couple of years ago. It started out
as a web/DNS/DHCP server. I have since moved the web server to a debian
sarge box that was set up to get newer
postfix/mysql/spamassasin/squirrelmail packages. So the only things this
box does right now is act as a primary DNS server and as a DHCP server
for the network.

I want to move it up to sarge to set it up as a hot backup webserver. I
want to get the mysql packages the same and such so I can setup this
machine to replicate the mysql database and with subversion keep an
exact backup of the website in case of any trouble.

I am wondering if anyone has done an in-place upgrade from woody to
sarge and ran across any "gotch-ya's". The main thing I am worried about
is the kernel and difference I am going to run into getting it from 2.4
to 2.6.

Thanks for the experiences.

Rick