On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 02:50:14PM -0600, Callum Lerwick wrote:
[unattributed]
>> Linux is *supposed* to run on older machines. Any '386 or later
>> should do the job. If it doesn't, many people would consider that a
>> bug.
>
> Is it? While the kernel itself hasn't expanded significantly in the
> past 5 years, everything else (the GNU part...) has bloated mightily.

Amen to that.  I did indeed get Debian/woody installed on a painfully
old system, but package management was just agonizing.  If I ever felt
the desire to repeat that install (unlikely) I'd go with Slackware.

--
trammell at el-swifto.com  9EC7 BC6D E688 A184 9F58  FD4C 2C12 CC14 8ABA 36F5
Twin Cities Linux Users Group (TCLUG)      Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota