There seem to be quite a few PHP solutions out there that seem decent.
 There are also many Javascript version using the same method of
obfuscation.  I used a PHP script that wrote the email address via
Javascript with good result.  I don't seem to be able to find that
code right now though.

http://www.google.com/search?q=obfuscate+email+address+PHP&sourceid=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official

http://sarahk.pcpropertymanager.com/obfuscate.php
http://hurring.com/code/php/email_protect/