I just installed Debian Woody 3.x from CDROM on a Compaq Armada V300
Cellron 400MHz with 96mb RAM... I had some issues and had to install again a day
or so later. Weird apt-get issue I'm still looking at...

It's working but I'm having a bit of a time getting it to stop booting to a
graphical login (Yuck). I looked at /etc/inittab and set it to run level 3 (I
thought) but it still boots to graphical login. I can change at that point to
terminal login but that's not what I want. Inittab has some stuff I'm not use
to seeing, but I'll figure that out.

Am I looking at the wrong place for the inittab?

I'll include my inittab this evening (when I get home) but I think it's
something that is being installed after base is installed.

PCMCIA gave me a little trouble.
For some reason it askes if you want to "remove" PCMCIA support because it's not
needed, I replyed "No"; it's a laptop so it is needed. Installed it with
dselect, networking works fine so far.

I need to get the sound working but that shouldn't be to much of an issue.

Sam.