Nick Traxler wrote:
> I've been using Debian for a few years now, and I'm curious about
> something - is there a log kept anywhere of when packages are installed
> or removed?

I'm not sure about any logs, but...

> I'm curious because sometimes I apt-get a package, use it for a bit, but
> decide to remove it. I'd prefer to remove its dependecies also, but only
> the ones that aren't being used by something else. A log would be useful
> for this, since the packages would all be installed at the same time.

apt-get install cruft

 cruft is a program to look over your system for anything that shouldn't
 be there, but is; or for anything that should be there, but isn't.
 .
 It bases most of its results on dpkg's database, as well as a list of
 `extra files' that can appear during the lifetime of various packages.
 .
 cruft is still in pre-release; your assistance in improving its accuracy
 and performance is appreciated.
--
scot