I've had problems with history under the root account.  It seems like
the history clears itself if you use multiple xterms and a terminal at
the same time.

Is that an option that can be changed?  I think that the 'repress
duplicate command' option is turned on.

I'm using Debian unstable.

Jeff Rasmussen

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:54:45 -0500, Scot Jenkins <scot at thinkunix.net> wrote:
> smac at visi.com wrote:
> > Ya know how it is when you put in way to many hours and you can't remember
> > commands that were at one time second nature.
> >
> > apt-setup yup uhu thats it...
>
> Don't forget about your shell history.  If it's a command you used
> recently, you may find it by:  "history | more"
> --
> scot

Jeff Rasmussen
GPG public key 0x9686C12F