Well, I am not sure exactly, but I don't think you will have a problem.

I currently use SmoothWall on a pentium 133 with 16MB of RAM.

It is the firewall/router for my cable network. no problems in well over a year.

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:32:36 -0500, Josh Trutwin
<josh at trutwins.homeip.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a 486 PC that I've setup to route/firewall all my internet
> traffic with Debian Linux and iptables.  Been working like a champ for
> over a year now.  I'm planning on upgrading my bandwidth to
> residential cable though from a 512 kbps up/down connection to a 6mbps
> down / 384 kbps up.
>
> My question is does this box limit my bandwidth?  The two NIC's are on
> an ISA bus.  It seems to work fine, it's only role in life is to
> firewall, but I'm not sure if that hardware is just too plain old to
> handle 6mbps.  Any thoughts?
>
> Josh

Loren H. Burlingame <loren at lhb.name>
GPG Key ID: 0x112DCF4F