>>All,
>
> Need assistance. Bought Suse 9.1 to upgrade from Suse 8.2. CD didn't
> upgrade. It did fresh install and didn't reboot to log in screen.
> Instead leaves me stuck at a Grub prompt when rebooting.
>
> How to move beyond Grub and fix? Google shows this has happened to others.
> Have not emailed Suse support yet.
>
> Mark

A couple of options come to mind:

Plan A:
1. Boot from the CD and select install.
2. Once in YaST installer select (I'm not certain of language) either
repair installation or repair boot loader.
3. If the option in two is repair installation then you should have an
option to repair/replace/rebuild boot loader.
4. This should get you to the boot loader screen and try fixing from there.

Plan B:
1. Same as above but select manual installation
2. At the character mode menu select Option to Exit/Reboot
3. Select option to boot installed system.
4. Try to manually fix the boot loader once it boots.

Plan C:
Follow either of the above and replace GRUB with LILO.

Jack