I am having some problems setting up apache for secure &
non-secure virtual hosts.  The machine in question is a red
hat 9 running apache 2.0.40.

I initally had all the v-hosts working non-secure, but not
secure.  I changed some stuff to enable ssl on these
v-hosts, and now only secure works?  I get bad requests
ERROR 400 on the non-secures.  I was wondering if anyone
here might be able to help me.

Here is my v-host config from httpd.conf:
### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#
# VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple
domains/hostnames on your
# machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them.
Most configurations
# use only name-based virtual hosts so the server doesn't
need to worry about
# IP addresses. This is indicated by the asterisks in the
directives below.
#
# Please see the documentation at
# <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your
virtual host
# configuration.

#
# Use name-based virtual hosting.
#

NameVirtualHost 207.36.180.161

#
# VirtualHost example:
# Almost any Apache directive may go into a VirtualHost
container.
# The first VirtualHost section is used for requests without
a known
# server name.
#
#<VirtualHost *>
#    ServerAdmin webmaster at dummy-host.example.com
#    DocumentRoot /www/docs/dummy-host.example.com
#    ServerName dummy-host.example.com
#    ErrorLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-error_log
#    CustomLog logs/dummy-host.example.com-access_log common
#</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 207.36.180.161>
     DocumentRoot /var/www/html
     ServerName www.r1n.net
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 207.36.180.161>
     DocumentRoot /var/www/html/mail
     ServerName mail.r1n.net
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 207.36.180.161>
     DocumentRoot /var/www/r1test
     ServerName r1testing.homeunix.com
</VirtualHost>

Here is a chunk of my ssl.conf
##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

#<VirtualHost _default_:443>

#  General setup for the virtual host
#DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/"
#ServerName _default_:443
# ServerAdmin you at your.address
#ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
#TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log

<VirtualHost 207.36.180.161>
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/mail"
ServerName mail.r1n.net

#   SSL Engine Switch:
#   Enable/Disable SSL for this virtual host.
SSLEngine on

the 3 v-hosts all work https/secure, but not
http/non-secure.  Any ideas on what I might be doing worng
would be great :)

Many Thanks,
Robert De Mars
--