I ended up using a staple for a jumper, it was the first thing I could
find that seemed to fit.

Freezing the drive gave me about 3 minutes, but I needed more time, so
I ended up sticking the drive between two ziplock bags with ice cubes
and water.  So far so good, been copying data off the drive for 15+
minutes.

Mike Nixon