OK security experts... ;)

My situation is I have a USB Flash Drive Keyring thingy (Lexar
JumpDrive) that goes with me just about everywhere now days. There are
files there that I do not want anybody to be able to access in the
event I loose the thing...so obviously my first thought was some sort
of encryption.

My thought is that I can put the GnuPG binaries for Windows (and maybe
Linux, but all the Linux machines I use do have GnuPG installed...) on
the flash drive, and keep the files I want protected in a zip file
(Just about every PC out there supports Zip files, so that should
work.)

To get to my protected files, decrypt the zip file, modify files,
rezip, then encrypt the zip file.

So the GnuPG keys will have to be on the flash dive, and I'll have to
use a strong password. Easy enough. My plan is to cut new GPG keys
specifically for this purpose and not use my other key for the jump
dirve. Obviously having the private key on the dive makes it easier to
crack the encryption, but the data should still be reasonable secure
from most computer users...right? :)

So the question is, am I missing anything?
Is this going to be as secure as I precive it to be?
Does anyone have any other suggestions for protecting data on portable
storage that does not involve installing software? (That's the real
kicker there...heh.)

Thanks. :)
--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it