On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 18:45:17 -0500, Leif Johnson
<leif.t.johnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I never heard of Scheme!  It's the first language that I've heard of
> that was designed to make recursion practical.  Now I'm curious to see
> if any other language has taken this approach.

(((((scheme)(is))fun)))

((though(it)can))(cause(many(nightmare))s))

I hated using it, but I loved it at the same point, it was a great
learning tool. I was one of those tards who read through "Learn C++ in
21 Days" and thought I could program, so this was an appropriate
smack-down. Once I started to get it, the simple beauty of some of
that code still kinda makes my jaw drop. I still can't write code in
any language worth a damn, [compared to most CSci friends, who tend to
be exceptional] but I can appreciate others' code...