On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:15:54 -0500, Justin Kremer
<justin.kremer at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would personally not recommend going that route unless you already
> have laptops that you wish to be able to use with wireless, and then
> only as a second option, unless your only need is to use the Internet.
>  I used to live in a house where everyone had wireless in their laptop
> and I would still plug my laptop into the wired network any time I did
> any file transfer within our network because of the huge difference in
> speed.

Yeah - I'm really torn between the relative ease of going wireless and
devoting the time and $$$ for the more permanent cat5 solution.

In my current house, I'm just using 802.11b, but that's mainly due to
the plaster walls/ceilings that make retro-fitting data cable somewhat
difficult.  In the new place, I'll have access to most of the rooms
either via false ceilings (in the basement) or via the attic.