I'm running Geeklog on my personal website...a couple weeks ago I
setup a bunch of RDF feeds. Looks like PHP got upgraded to 4.3.8 over
the weekend (from whatever version of PHP was in Debian Woody), and
the RDF feeds stopped working.

To get them to work in the first place, I had the following in a .htaccess file:

php_flag allow_url_fopen On

<?php phpinfo(); ?> tells me that allow_url_fopen if Off now. So my
guess is that something changed that isn't allowing me to override
that setting with a .htaccess file anymore. (I changed the global PHP
config to enable allow_url_fopen, and things started working again.
I'd rather leave the global as is with it disabled, and make .htaccess
or something else to enable this option just for this directory.

My apache entry for the site looks like:

<VirtualHost server.fqdn:80>
        ServerName andy.zibnet.us
        DocumentRoot /project/web/zib/geeklog/public_html
</VirtualHost>

To try an get things working again I added:
<Directory /project/web/zib/geeklog/public_html/>
AllowOverride all
</Directory>

That wasn't the answer...so I'm stuck for the moment. I'm hoping
someone who knows apache and php configuration better than I is out
there. :)

--
Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://andy.zibnet.us
 A password is like your underwear; Change it