>Well, we've discussed the best distro for AMD64.  Now, how about turning
>it around.

>I saw General Nano offering an Athlon 64 for $499
>(http://www.nanosys1.com/sys-h2825.html) and it got me looking at Athlon
>64 mobos.

>Anyone got any suggestions?

Tyan S2885 featuring a complete AMD-8000 chipset (AMD-8111, AMD-8131 and
AMD-8151), SATA with optional RAID, AGP 8x slot, four PCI-X slots, one
PCI slot, eight DDR-SDRAM slots, two 940 Opteron sockets, one GbE, one
FireWire, five USB 1.1, AC97, Winbound Super I/O, hardware monitoring,
and an AMI 4Mb BIOS.

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8w.html

This board is available from http://www.monarchcomputer.com/ for little
more than $400.  Check http://www.pricewatch.com/ yourself.  Monarch
Computer has some experience with building machines for Linux (has been
featured in Linux Journal a few times).

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>