One of the things people complain about with the karma is the scrolly
wheel on the side is cheap.  They break easily and they wear out.  A
friend of mine went through 3 of them under warranty.  He didn't use
the vorbis stuff anyway, so he sold it and got an ipod mini instead.

Personally, I love my ipod.  One of the advantages to buying the ipod,
is if you ever decide you hate it, you can get almost what you paid for
it on ebay.
This little app makes the ipod even more useful:
http://www.kainjow.com/pod2go/