MN SoS also puts out a publication entitled Starting a Business in
Minnesota (or something similar) that goes through the logistics and
differences between things like a sole proprietorship, incorporation,
partnership, limited liability partnership (LLP), limited liability
corporation (LLC), and others.

This is where you might start once you've determined what your market
is, feasibility of success, etc. You might also assemble your ideas
and approach area businesses that could either sponsor/fund you for a
cut, or buy out your idea outright. Or license, too, I suppose. If I
were to do this, I'd ensure my patents have been filed for first
though.

Best of luck!

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 22:04:33 -0500, Jack Ungerleider <jack at jacku.com> wrote:
> On Sunday 05 September 2004 06:06 pm, Kraig Jones wrote:
> > SCORE.  IIRC that's "Service Corps of Retired Executives".  Look them up
> > in the phone book.  I know they have an office in St. Louis Park or
> > Minnetonka, probably more in the area.  Tremendous resource.  Much free
> > advise, and a seminar on starting a business, for a reasonable price.
> >
> > Kraig
>
> I'll second the comment on SCORE. They usually have ties to the Small Business
> Administration which can be a source of loans as well as advice.
>
> Also visit the MN Secretary of State's web site. (Use Google for the URL)
> You'll need to file paperwork with the State to start your business and SoS
> office sets the rules. If I remember right, you can download most of the
> necessary forms in PDF format from that site.
>
> --
> Jack Ungerleider
> jack at jacku.com

John T. Hoffoss