On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 01:46:53PM -0500, Eric Lambart wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-09-03 at 13:02 -0500, nate at refried.org wrote:
> > On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 12:32:15PM -0500, Joel Wickard wrote:
> > > Does anyone know exactly why debian kicks so much ass?
> >
> > IMNSHO:
> >  - apt-get
>
> Of course, users of RPM-based systems can now share in the immense
> pleasure of apt-get as well:
>
> https://moin.conectiva.com.br/AptRpm (etc.)
>
> It certainly makes my life easier...

Easier, but it's still not the same.  The Debian package repository is
much better maintained than many of the RPM based distros.  Trying to
paste apt-rpm on the a Redhat distro usually calls for some hand holding
until the database is in a state that apt-get will not complain about.

> Hello to all by the way, I am a recent escapee from California.  Arrived
> in Minneapolis a few weeks ago, just signed up to the list today.

Welcome to Minnesota.  I hope you didn't miss the week of summer we get
each year. ;)

Nate